<

What does it mean to sync an iPod?

Postby juha9 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:43 pm

I never synced me iPod; I always manually updated my library, but I got a new laptop which means a new iTunes. How do I get my music/videos/apps/etc. from my iPod to my new iTunes. Can I just sync it?
juha9

Postby alpin » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:46 pm

Don't sync it on your laptop, If you have nothing in your itunes library it will delete everything off your ipod!!! Just keep using 'manually manage'!!!
alpin

<

Postby macbeth89 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:54 pm

It means you plug it into your computer and it sends its files to the computer and the computer sends its files to the ipod. In other words, everything is in sync.

Yes, if you plug that baby in, it will sync up automagically.
macbeth89

Postby sherburne » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:08 am

Click file in the top right hand corner then scroll down to add file or add folder. locate your music or video folder and click it then add. once it is in your itunes check mark the ones you want to add to your ipod then click sync. sync means it is adding the specified music or videos to your ipod

To backup your ipod means to make and exact copy of everything you have on your ipod to your itunes in case for some reason you have issues and need to restore your ipod you have everything you origionally had on it in your itunes. it is ind of like backing up a CD or DVD by making a copy in case you lose or scratch your origional
sherburne

Return to iPod