<

What does reserve not met mean on ebay?

Postby chavivi » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:32 pm

i was on eBay looking for a used iPod touch , then i saw one for 4.49 but it said reserve not met so what does that mean.
chavivi

Postby jerrett » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:34 pm

i was on eBay looking for a used iPod touch , then i saw one for 4.49 but it said reserve not met so what does that mean.
It means that if I was selling this, and it is going for 4.49, but I have set my Reserve to $100.00...

Means that if the ending bid for example goes for $95.00, and as a Seller, I have my reserve set at $100.00, and it is NOT met in the end, I'm not required to sell it for less than my set reserve price...

Means that you have to bid high enough to meet, or exceed the Reserved Price to Win that Item...
Buyers do Not know what this reserve price is set at, so you have to bid to your max bid, and see if meets the reserve price...

Hope this helps...
jerrett

<

Postby derrie » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:41 pm

Be careful on eBay this time of year. A lot of the old-time honest sellers have been run off by eBay's new kill-the-seller policies, and this time of year brings out all the scammers.
Besides that, the place has filled up with cheap crap coming in from China, knock-offs of real merchandise. If the seller's location is hidden/private, it's better not to buy.
derrie

Return to iPod