<

What happens if I end my item on eBay?

Postby carroll » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:51 pm

I'm selling an iPod Touch on ebay and my auction time was set to 7 days.

It is my first item that I try selling on ebay so I'm not experienced nor did I know what I was doing.

I thought that if I paid for having the "Buy it Now" option, then the item would not sell unless it reached the buy it now price.

To my dismay, as soon as I got a bid, the buy it now option disappeared, what a ripoff.

But to get to the point, there's about 2 days left on the auction and I only have one bid for the same price that I started the auction.

Of course, I don't want to sell it that cheap and only that one person has made a bid, and I have 0 watchers.

What happens if I END the item? I do feel bad for the lone bidder but I can't sell the item at the starting bidding price. Will I get negative feedback? My feedback is at 100% and I'd like to keep it that way. I've only bought stuff but not sold.

Please help. Thanks.
carroll

Postby wanageeska » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:57 pm

I'm selling an iPod Touch on ebay and my auction time was set to 7 days.

It is my first item that I try selling on ebay so I'm not experienced nor did I know what I was doing.

I thought that if I paid for having the "Buy it Now" option, then the item would not sell unless it reached the buy it now price.

To my dismay, as soon as I got a bid, the buy it now option disappeared, what a ripoff.

But to get to the point, there's about 2 days left on the auction and I only have one bid for the same price that I started the auction.

Of course, I don't want to sell it that cheap and only that one person has made a bid, and I have 0 watchers.

What happens if I END the item? I do feel bad for the lone bidder but I can't sell the item at the starting bidding price. Will I get negative feedback? My feedback is at 100% and I'd like to keep it that way. I've only bought stuff but not sold.

Please help. Thanks.
I disagree with the above answer
The lone bidder as you call them will not have won the auction if you end it early therefore cannot leave you any feedback.
I suggest you cancel this buyers bid & end the item. Then relist the item with either a reserve or have the start price for the least you are willing to accept.
Do take note most experienced buyers bid in the last stages of an auction so if its a risk you are willing to take then go for it otherwise end your item & relist.
Please read ebays sellling tutorials they can be very helpful to newbie sellers.
wanageeska

<

Postby squier59 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:12 pm

You confused the Buy It Now option with a reserve price. If you pull the auction, expect negative feedback, and possibly a reprimand from eBay.
squier59

Return to iPod