<

What items are you allowed to bring on an airplane?

Postby albin25 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:59 pm

We'll we're going on a trip, and my daughter ( age 12 ) wants to bring her laptop, iPod, and books... will this be ok? Also it's a 14 hour flight......... for me I need to bring my contacts, but they won't like solution as a carry-on, so can i just put it in my suitcase? For my 6 year old i would like to bring stuff-animals, coloring pages, and her vitamins. As for my husband all i'm concerned is for his medical books, and his glasses cleaner, he does not always need to wear his glasses, just for when he's reading.
-Thanks in advance:)
albin25

Postby bailintin46 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 pm

Depends on the type of airport u use whether its delta, southwestern, etc. When i went to dc with friends, we took delta. They said u can bring deoderant, soap, etc. (no liquids) if the container is 3 oz or less and they all have to be in a quart sized zip lock bag. Laptops, ipods, and books are all allowed on a plane. I brought my ipod with me. I dont know why shes bringing her laptop since u cant use it on a plane because you cant use wifi or the internet and its easy to get stollen. I think contacts are allowed. Stuffed animals and coloring books are allowed. Vitamins, i'm not sure. I brought hard candy on the plane to prevent ear popping, but I also had to put it in a quart sized ziplock baggie, so if i were u, I would probably leave the vitamins at home, but if you want to bring them, put them in a quart sized ziplock baggie also. Glass cleaners are allowed just as long as they aren't liquid.

No liquids what so ever are allowed on a plane, even if its water thats inside a snow globe.

And then the regular rules like no knifes, guns, or yelling bomb on a plane, etc.

Hope this helps and have a nice vacation
bailintin46

<

Postby huey » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:36 pm

Depends on the type of airport u use whether its delta, southwestern, etc. When i went to dc with friends, we took delta. They said u can bring deoderant, soap, etc. (no liquids) if the container is 3 oz or less and they all have to be in a quart sized zip lock bag. Laptops, ipods, and books are all allowed on a plane. I brought my ipod with me. I dont know why shes bringing her laptop since u cant use it on a plane because you cant use wifi or the internet and its easy to get stollen. I think contacts are allowed. Stuffed animals and coloring books are allowed. Vitamins, i'm not sure. I brought hard candy on the plane to prevent ear popping, but I also had to put it in a quart sized ziplock baggie, so if i were u, I would probably leave the vitamins at home, but if you want to bring them, put them in a quart sized ziplock baggie also. Glass cleaners are allowed just as long as they aren't liquid.

No liquids what so ever are allowed on a plane, even if its water thats inside a snow globe.

And then the regular rules like no knifes, guns, or yelling bomb on a plane, etc.

Hope this helps and have a nice vacation
Your best bet would be to call your airline, especially given that it's a 14 hour flight, and therefore likely international.

All of those items sound fine for domestic flights, but I'm not sure what the international regulations are right now.
huey

Postby chan7 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:44 pm

OK, you are fine on anything that is non liquid in your list, electronics such as laptop, ipod, etc.. need to be switched off for take off and landing, and eny bluetooth enable electronics or mobile phones need to be in flightmode before take off.

You liquid items, such as contact sloution and possibly glass cleaner, will need to be under 100ml/3.4 fl oz in individual size, and be placed in a quart size bag (ziplock preferred) if they are to go in carry on.

I would strongly advise that no valueable are placed in checked luggage, as there is a risk these will go missing.
chan7

Return to iPod