<

What should a nine year old girl get for her birthday?

Postby meurig19 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:10 pm

my daughter wants an ipod touch and i don't know im REALLY confused
meurig19

Postby elazaro » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:14 pm

An iPod touch is way too much responsibility for a 9 year old. Do you really want a 3rd grader carrying around 200 dollars in her pocket? I'd say because she's getting older and is probably interested now in hair and nails and make-up you could get her one of those nail/make-up play kits. Don't get her something that's only good for a 9 year old because she won't be 9 for long and it will soon be babyish for her and she'll stop playing with it. Does she like playing outside? Maybe a bike. Does she like animals? At 9 she is probably responsible enough to take care of a hampster/gerbil or a parakeet/finch which are even better because they will live longer and teach her to take of other things. When i was 10 i got a parakeet and i just had a ball with it. It just died and I'm 15! Is she a really girly-girl? Get her a mani-pedi and let her pick out a hair style at a salon. If you're completely lost them get her a 100$ (or whatever amount you want) shopping spree with you (mom or dad). I got that for Hannukah when i was 13 and i loved it so much. It was fun just spending a day with my dad. Does she have a certain favorite singer (not Hannah Montana or disney because she's not going to be into them past 10 or 11)? Get a CD or, better yet, concert tickets! Good luck!
I hope i helped!
elazaro

<

Postby mago » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:18 pm

im 13 but i need to show i have enough responsibility to have one gift or not
mago

Postby king13 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:25 pm

im sorry but i don't think that she really needs an iPod Touch. She isn't exactly at the age that's recommended for it and she might get bored of it. I'm 13 and some of my friends are getting Ipod Touches for their birthdays. Maybe you should get her a Nintendo DS i or something like that.
king13

Postby herlbert82 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:27 pm

clothes
jewelry
arts and craft things
cute purse
books like (american girl books, sisterhood of the traveling pants series, etc)
cute stuffed animal
herlbert82

Postby haele » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:32 pm

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo…
haele

Postby ives » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:41 pm

hiya
well i have 13 neices and nephews and over the past 9 years they have gone through their teens, one thing i realised is that anything they ask for will be lost or forgotten about in no time. or worst still stolen???? not to mention the damage an ipod touch etc... can do to a young persons ears if not used properly.

I would say - save your money maybe if they are responsible get your 9 yr old an ipod shuffle or something in that price range or alternatively - i got my neice an eadventure experience - took ker out on a hot air baloon and we had a blast

alternatively a cheap digital camera is good especially if you take her out for the day to the zoo or even a theme park where she can capture those memories and she will find it educational too.

other presents could be -
hire a limo for the hour for her and her friends and meet them at a restaurant of her choice and pay for them to have a meal

take her ice skating with friends or something where she will have a one off experience to remember - trust me gadgets are son forgotten about

hope this helps
ives

Postby awstin » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:45 pm

if you get her an itouch at nine,
she'll be spoiled,
and start just expecting nice things.
awstin

Return to iPod