<

What is the best iPod to buy if I want to use it while working out?

Postby weylyn » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:32 am

I want to get an iPod but I would use it a lot while working out - But I also want to store TONS of music and have them like a library.
weylyn

Postby evrawg » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:36 am

If you get an ipod for working out then i would choose the ipod touch because you can pick from 8,16 or 32 gb. You can buy a ihome for it too.
evrawg

<

Postby sel35 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:39 am

Depends on how much music you have specifically. 16Gig nano is the smallest one you'll want (for holding around 4000 songs). If you have more, I would go with the iPod classic (160Gig). It's large, but it holds more than anything else. The nano will be the cheapest, the classic will be 2nd cheapest, and the iTouch/iPhone is the most expensive. That one will hold 64Gigs (16000 songs) at the most, but it comes at a steep price of 500$. I would go with the Nano for working out due to it's small size, weight, and capability (picks up radio, 4000 songs, shoots video).
sel35

Postby carrol52 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:45 am

Depends on how much music you have specifically. 16Gig nano is the smallest one you'll want (for holding around 4000 songs). If you have more, I would go with the iPod classic (160Gig). It's large, but it holds more than anything else. The nano will be the cheapest, the classic will be 2nd cheapest, and the iTouch/iPhone is the most expensive. That one will hold 64Gigs (16000 songs) at the most, but it comes at a steep price of 500$. I would go with the Nano for working out due to it's small size, weight, and capability (picks up radio, 4000 songs, shoots video).
The ipod touch.... there is this device call iNike.... and u put the device near ur shoe and make it interact with the device on teh shoe and it tells u how many calories, and cholesterol u burned, on the ipod touch!!! and at the same time u can listen to music!! I use it alot!!! its great for workout!!
carrol52

Postby alexandre62 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:47 am

I would say iPod nano 2nd or 5th generation, both of them are sleek and would be perfect to work out with. Mine is a ipod nano 2nd generation 4gb and it holds about 1000 4 minutes songs, Which is more than enough to listen to. But if you want one that holds more songs I would go with the ipod nano 5th generation. Hope this helped.
alexandre62

Postby grufydd » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:50 am

Personally, I use the Nano when I'm lifting, but use the Shuffle when I'm out jogging.
Both cheap.

I like the Nano for lifting because of it's size, capacity, and how lightweight it is.

I like the shuffle for running because it can clip onto your shorts, and it doesn't jump around if you have it in your pocket.
I found the Nano to be really annoying while running because it was jumping inside my pocket.
grufydd

Postby walton53 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:55 am

The best iPod? How many variations of iPods are there?
walton53

Postby tripper » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:10 am

I would say an iPod nano because it can store music playlists and its not expensive like an iPod touch so while working out it wont get messy or anything or won't have to worry about the screen
tripper

Postby veryl » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:12 am

Then try the ipod nano :)
veryl

Postby cormic » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:14 am

You can consider buying Apple iPod touch 32 GB (3rd Generation) NEWEST MODEL
Pros:
-Slick,small and light device
-Great touch screen
-The BEST web browser on a portable device
-Amazing video/music playback
-App Store (Too many cool applications for real)
-Display screen is clear and bright
-No bugs and annoying stuff a very reliable hardware
-64GB Flash based mp3 player

Cons:
-Not much of an upgrade over 2G (people were disappointed because they did not get upgrades like camera/OLED/etc)
-Weaker battery, only lasts 30 hours for music playback versus 2G iPod touch 36 Hours music playback
-Expensive for the 64GB version
-Still no FM radio without the use of online applications
-Bluetooth is still half locked

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002M3SOC4?ie=UTF8&tag=gaminglinks-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B002M3SOC4
cormic

Return to iPod