<

What type of cord do I need to plug my ipod into my car stereo? There is a small AUX input on...?

What type of cord do I need to plug my ipod into my car stereo? There is a small AUX input on...?

Postby brooke » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:18 pm

...my deck. The hole looks
like a hold that you would plug a pair of headphones into it. IT IS NOT A USB jack! I just don't know where to buy or even what the cord looks like that will allow me to play my ipod on my deck/stereo....HELP!
brooke

Postby awnan » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:20 pm

It is a standard mini jack. You can get a mini to mini jack at most shops, even target and walmart will have them. It will plug into the headphone port on your MP3 player/Ipod and then plug into the radio. You might want to get a stand for it also, so its easier for you to adjust songs and such when driving and it wont fly all over.

Hope this helps. If you are still having problems, if you go to bestbuy or circuit city or such and talk to them they can pick out one for you too. You dont need a fancy one, just get a simple one.

Good Luck and enjoy
awnan

<

Postby rickie60 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:40 pm

AUX stands for auxiliary. You must buy an AUX cord, which you can purchase anywhere that has IPOD supplies. An AUX cord is like a cord for headphones, but it has two ends, one end goes into the ipod, the other into the car. It enables the ipod to play through your cars speakers, so you can hear the music on your ipod in your car.

here is a picture of the cord, with a brief description.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=aux+cord&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7ADBF_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=7183594135047423032&ei=Il0QTNyOG8WqlAf9nLzCAw&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CDYQ8wIwAw#
rickie60

Postby chace » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:42 pm

sounds like you have what i have in my car, a little hole that looks like the headphone jack on your ipod. what you need is called an "auxiliary audio cable" or a 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable basically it is a cable that has a 3.5 mm jack on each end one goes into your ipod and the other into the car, you can find them basically everywhere, walmart, bestbuy, any media store. i have this one-http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9875901&findingMethod=rr& it works quite well and is going to be the most clear way to produce audio in your car. just go to a walmart or someplace and ask if they have a auxiliary audio cable or a cable that plugs into a auxiliary jack from your ipod earphone jack. hope this helps!
chace

Postby ruelle » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:54 pm

You need a cable with a 3 mm plug on each end. I got mine at Radio Shack. I'm sure Best Buy has them. Amazon does, too.
ruelle

Postby seymour5 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:59 pm

Any regular 3.5mm stereo cable would work for this.
Most monitors that have built-in speakers use this type of connection.
You can buy them for cheap online or you can drive down to a radioshack (they cost more) near you.
One place to buy it from is Monoprice.com, they have quality cables and if you’re in California it usually just takes 2-3 days for them to deliver.
seymour5

Return to iPod