<

What uses up data on the iphone?

Postby wealaworth » Wed May 11, 2011 12:12 pm

Does using the twitter app use data? Does texting? Does listening to the iPod? Also, if somebody sent me a message on facebook, but that message gets sent to my phone as a text, does that use data? i need to know, because I am about to go over my data amount and i can't, So I need to know what I can and can't do. Somebody please help!
wealaworth

Postby teyen30 » Wed May 11, 2011 12:13 pm

Anything that requires an internet connection, while using 3G access.
teyen30

<

Postby holbrook » Wed May 11, 2011 12:21 pm

apps that require contant connection to the internet for updates and notifications... emails.. surfing the web, facebook app, twitter app, etc etc etc.... all use data... hence the letter i in iphone... i=internet!

texting, facebook TEXTS, music ipod, doesnt use data.... when your home, use you WIFI... wifi turns of the carrier data connection and then uses the modem connection(home internet) for real.....
holbrook

Postby ceallach » Wed May 11, 2011 12:27 pm

apps that require contant connection to the internet for updates and notifications... emails.. surfing the web, facebook app, twitter app, etc etc etc.... all use data... hence the letter i in iphone... i=internet!

texting, facebook TEXTS, music ipod, doesnt use data.... when your home, use you WIFI... wifi turns of the carrier data connection and then uses the modem connection(home internet) for real.....
Twitter app: yes
Txting: no
iPod: No . BUT if ur on the itunes STORE purchasing / browing music: yes
the rest: no
ceallach

Return to iPod