<

Where did my safari browser go on my iPod?

Postby healy3 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:40 am

I got to the point where you could delete or move apps, and my finger slipped on the safari browser, and now it's gone. It is not in any folders, or on any app pages. I can acces it through history and the google app, but there is no icon on the app pages. Please help?
healy3

Postby seanlaoch20 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:42 am

Just go into settings, scroll down to reset home-screen option, this worked for me, I did the same thing safari was pages ahead somehow I didn't know it...if that fails find it via the ipods search feature.
As the apps preinstalled on the device prior to out of the box new cannot be removed (unless jailbreak) from the ipod, if somehow they are gone restoring the ipod will bring safari back.
seanlaoch20

<

Postby henwas » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:42 am

Just go into settings, scroll down to reset home-screen option, this worked for me, I did the same thing safari was pages ahead somehow I didn't know it...if that fails find it via the ipods search feature.
As the apps preinstalled on the device prior to out of the box new cannot be removed (unless jailbreak) from the ipod, if somehow they are gone restoring the ipod will bring safari back.
henwas

Postby gerlach » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:44 am

gerlach

Postby anshuman » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:53 am

That's extremely strange, as apple doesn't actually allow you to remove it from the iPod, hence it can't have been you accidentally removing it (which I would suspect for any other app). You'll have to either reset the iPod from the computer or just use the google app, as there is no way of purchase safari app as it isn't supposed to have been gone in the first place!
anshuman

Postby wilhelm » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:57 am

Go to spotlight search (Swipe right) and search "Safari".
wilhelm

Postby roch38 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:11 am

Restore your ipod software.
roch38

Return to iPod