<

Where to get an ipod touch screen fixed and how much will it cost?

Postby gear » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:31 am

Where can i get my ipod touch screen fixed, its been cracked in 2 places and goes all along the screen and approximately how much will it cost?
gear

Postby renfield » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:32 am

$$$Expensive..

It can cost just over $100-$120, so if your ipod is a little old, then its worth it more if you just replace it with a new one.
renfield

<

Postby axton » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:43 am

Ipod Touch screens are definitely not cheap. In addition, most places you take it to will not only charge you for the parts, but for the labor included in changing the parts out. If you absolutely need to fix that iPod, a cheaper alternative is to order the parts online (a new screen and glass overlay), and fix it yourself. If you are not so technically savvy though, you are almost better off getting a new one. I know it sucks but when you buy an iPod touch, which has its main component as a touch screen, not only is that the most expensive component to fix, the high price at purchase is mainly because of the screen on the unit. That, and the internal memory. Best bet...if it still functions, keep using it. If you really want to fix it, then you may just be better off getting a new one.
axton

Return to iPod