<

Why does wireless internet work on my laptop but not on my iPod Touch?

Postby amon » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:36 pm

My neighbor and I share Wireless internet, It works on her computer, my laptop, and her Ipod but not on my iPod? I have tried resetting the router, changing the password to the router, restoring my iPod, making sure its fully charged and even got my iPod to connect to another internet connection and it works on others, just not ours! Could it be the settings? or is it something else? Is there anything i can do to fix this?
My iPod is a iPod touch 4.3.5 8gb
My Laptop is an HP pavilion
Our internet is password protected
It worked fine up until a few days ago, I left for a few hours came back and it hasnt worked since! Someone PLZ PLZ PLZ help, I would greatly appriciate it very much!
Thank you in advanced!
amon

Postby santiago » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:50 pm

sorryibrokethetrees
santiago

<

Postby aitor88 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:56 pm

sorryibrokethetrees
Since your personal Internet Connection is password protected and your laptop is connecting to it- ok--the problem appears to be in the Settings of the Ipod. You mentioned being able to connect off the neighbor's connection and some others as well but I doubt you put in a password for each of those connections.

You also stated having reset the router and changing the password but did you input that information into the Ipod too? I think the problem is as simple as the Ipod not being authorized to connect and that in turn is a simple matter of making changes in the device's control settings.

As for the device suddenly stopping working--that could have or be a matter of needing to update the unit's 'Firmware". Periodically, IPods, MP3 Players, Tablets and etc are required to update firmware or they may not work properly and this could have been the reason things went haywire in the first place.

Good Luck.
aitor88

Return to iPod