<

Why do my earphones keep breaking?

Postby quade » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:07 pm

The earphones for my ipod touch keep breaking. One of the earphones always stop working.
It's like the 10th pair of earphones i have had in 2 years

Is their anyway to stop this from happening?
quade

Postby saxan11 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:19 pm

Same thing keeps happening to me. I heard that you
shouldn't wrap your earphones around the ipod too tight
or constantly and you should try to not pull on the earphones.
But that hasnt worked for me. So idk
saxan11

<

Postby dorien » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:24 pm

if you by expensive headphones they wont break. plus they sound better.
it will also be worth it in the end. as you'l be spending less money on headphones as the pair you have will last a long time. but if you insist on cheap get the sony headphones. i have 3 over the ear headphones and they havnt broken yet and i have had them for over 1.5 years. i reccomend getting over the ear headphones. they dont blow your ears. they sound better. and the last longer. earbuds are expensive peices of crap that are made to break. the thicker cords on the over the ear are more durable. it may not look that great on people. but the sound quality. build quality. and the fact they wont make you deaf as easily is worth it.

oh and avoid skullcandies the break so easily and sound terrible. my 50$ sony's where cheaper then the 80$ skullcandy gi's and the they are so much clearer and the sony's have lasted for over a year.
dorien

Postby fiske100 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:30 pm

i have the same problem. have you cheched your ipod. maybe its that. or but one more pair and pay close attention to what you or someone else does to them. Or my ear phones broke because of the cable. try wiggleing the wire in different places and see if they work better then.
fiske100

Postby padraig » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:34 pm

i have the same problem. have you cheched your ipod. maybe its that. or but one more pair and pay close attention to what you or someone else does to them. Or my ear phones broke because of the cable. try wiggleing the wire in different places and see if they work better then.
The Apple Earphones kinda suck... Most problems are caused by actually using the iPod's/iPhone's "EQ", it totally distorts them and messes them up. You should look into purchasing different earphones, try the iTunes store and browse the selection. Have fun, and don't buy Apple Earphone's ever again!
padraig

Return to iPod