<

Why isn't my ipod showing up in "my computer"?

Postby dasan44 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:43 pm

My computer, a windows vista PC, crashed about a month ago and I had to replace the hard drive. I have an ipod nano and I purchase itunes again and it will only transfer purchases from itunes into my library. That sucks because now only 100 out of about 1200 songs are in my library because i get a lot of my music from friends. I can't edit my playlists or anything and I like to run a lot and switch up my music every now and then and I can't do that anymore.

I've looked up solutions online to this and they seem like they would work but my ipod is not showing up in "my computer" as an eternal drive....there's just nothing there even though my itunes comes up and recognizes it. If someone knows what going on and can help me out I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!
Hannah
dasan44

Postby dirrnyg » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:46 pm

In fact, once you've put the songs or video on iPod or iPhone, you can get them out of iPod or iPhone and put them on computer.
If the songs are puchased from iTunes. you can easily transfer them to iTunes or computer by clicking "Transfer purchase". If your stuff are purchase from other website. you can transfer them to computer with iPod transfer. like this one:
http://www.mac-videoconverter.com/imedia-transfer-mac.html
Get all of your iPod songs to your computer or iTunes manually.
Good luck.
dirrnyg

Return to iPod