<

Why isn't my iPod touch getting push notifications for textplus?

Postby eadburt » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:51 pm

Everything worked fine until about a month or two ago when my iPod was stolen and reset. I got it back but I had to redownload all the apps. But first I jailbroke it. So I decided to just get the $5 gold edition off installous (that might be why it's messed up but I have no idea). Now I don't get notified about texts when I receive them, I have to actualy check the app which I only do once every few days and usually at very late night when it's to late to reply. I just gave up on textplus after makeing a new account, still not having it work, then realizing I didn't remember the username of the first one. I tried textie and no one could receive my messages, I tried real text now (or something like that, I don't really remember the name) and I couldn't receive texts. I just want to text again.
eadburt

Postby paddy » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:03 pm

Everything worked fine until about a month or two ago when my iPod was stolen and reset. I got it back but I had to redownload all the apps. But first I jailbroke it. So I decided to just get the $5 gold edition off installous (that might be why it's messed up but I have no idea). Now I don't get notified about texts when I receive them, I have to actualy check the app which I only do once every few days and usually at very late night when it's to late to reply. I just gave up on textplus after makeing a new account, still not having it work, then realizing I didn't remember the username of the first one. I tried textie and no one could receive my messages, I tried real text now (or something like that, I don't really remember the name) and I couldn't receive texts. I just want to text again.
Try going to your settings then notifications and check if notifications for textplus is turned on
paddy

<

Postby condon5 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:10 pm

Try going to your settings then notifications and check if notifications for textplus is turned on
the 5$ installous ***** up ur ipod, uninstall it ASAP and get the real one, as the makers of the real one isnt the same as the paid one.
condon5

Postby roswald98 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:28 pm

I know that you've probably tried something like this a billion times, but this one worked for me:

In very rare cases, you may not be getting Push Notifications even though textPlus says that they are “enabled”. If this happens, go to your device's Settings screen and turn OFF Push Notification (sounds, alerts, and badges) for textPlus. Next, launch textPlus so it recognizes the change. Then close textPlus, revisit the device's settings screen and turn ON Push Notifications (sounds, alerts, and badges) for textPlus. Open up textPlus once more to register the change and you're all set!

that is straight off of their FAQs website. I had tried turning the notifications off and then on again, but i hadn't thought to open textPlus in between the two. I don't know if this will work for you...i hope it does. Good Luck!
roswald98

Return to iPod