<

Why won't my iPod charge? and why isn't it recognized by my computer when I plug it in?

Why won't my iPod charge? and why isn't it recognized by my computer when I plug it in?

Postby driscoll44 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:07 pm

this is long but please i really need someones help. thank you in advance for your help
i got my 4g ipod touch this christmas and ive been using it about everyday and now it wont charge i have dropped it once or twice but it didnt affect anything. right now my ipod is completely dead because i couldnt charge it. it wont recognize thats its plugged in even if it has been for hours. theres nothing wrong with my computer and i doubt anything is wrong with the cord (i used a cord at a friends house and it wouldnt charge there either) the last time it recognized being plugged in was when i tried to use my friends wall charger (a charger where you plug it in to an outlet) (later i used the computer charger) and it was sending error messages and they were something like "this method of charging is not supported by this device" (that was the first time ive used wall charger) and ever since then it hasnt charged i dont know whats wrong with it and ive looked things online and everything says that i should replace it. its still under warrenty so itd be real but i have some precious pictures/videos on there that i didnt get to sync to my computer that i really want to save. even if i get it replaced id like to keep them.
so here are my questions:
why wont my ipod charge or recognize its plugged in?
if i have to get a new one because of this problem, how would i save my pictures/videos?
driscoll44

Postby covyll71 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:11 pm

1. Disconnect the USB cable from the iPhone or iPod touch, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.

2. Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the the iPhone or iPod touch to turn off.

If you cannot turn off the device using the slider, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.

3.While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to iPhone. When you reconnect the USB cable to iPhone, the device should power on.

4. continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen. When a screen showing the cable and itunes logo appears, release the home button.

5. If necessary, open iTunes. You should a "recovery mode" alert.

6. Use iTunes to restore the device.
covyll71

<

Postby bethel » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:16 pm

hey Savannah but if lee e 's suggestion didn't work then like i said the small chip i would guess that... is probably broken or like you had it in a wall charger then it may have experienced an overload. This problem can easily be solved at an apple store or at like best buy. and if you have a warranty then it should be real or very cheap, if it cant be "repaired" then you can get a replacement real or very cheap. if that doesn't work (replacements) then idk what to say but lee e's may work
bethel

Return to iPod