<

Will Apple send me a new iPod touch if mine is broken?

Postby philibert » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:02 am

Ive had my iPod touch 3g for almost two years now. And the screen has a crack in it. Plus it lost a bit of its color. Also the warranty is over. Will apple fix it or will they send me a brand new iPod touch (just like my last one)?
philibert

Postby stefan32 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:05 am

A warranty is required for a brand new one, so look online at apple troubleshooting and see what they tell you to do, or take a trip to the apple store.
stefan32

<

Postby thierry61 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:07 am

Well, if you go online to apple, they give you two options. You can pay $29 for a one time fix, or you can extend your warranty for another two years and it costs (in total) around $43. I chose a one-time fix (because my warranty had ended a few months ago), in which I called the representative and he confirmed over the phone that it was not working, then he scheduled an appointment at the apple store for a few hours later. At the apple store, they confirmed it was broken and scheduled for me to receive a new one. So check out your options online.
thierry61

Postby azarya » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:16 am

Well, if you go online to apple, they give you two options. You can pay $29 for a one time fix, or you can extend your warranty for another two years and it costs (in total) around $43. I chose a one-time fix (because my warranty had ended a few months ago), in which I called the representative and he confirmed over the phone that it was not working, then he scheduled an appointment at the apple store for a few hours later. At the apple store, they confirmed it was broken and scheduled for me to receive a new one. So check out your options online.
You might need a waranty or something because idk after 2 years if they will justdo that.
azarya

Postby darran12 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:21 am

Nope, you have to have a warranty
darran12

Return to iPod