<

Will jailbreaking drain my iPod battery?

Postby beau22 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:21 pm

I really on the fence about jailbreaking..
What I really want to do is get cool themes, and thats about it.
All the other cracked apps, or whatever else, I don't care about
Does this drain my battery?
beau22

Postby merrill » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:28 pm

Cydia does not constantly run in the background, nor is it the cracked application store. Installous is for cracked Apps. Cydia is for 3rd party apps, not available in the App Store.

Jailbreaking slightly modifies the software on your iPod Touch, but no, it will not drain your battery at all. The exact same things apply for drain battery, jailbroken or not.

Keeping WiFi on, brightness on maximum, running many applications in the background, playing gaming application will all drain your iPod Touch more, but in short, don't worry at all about the battery drainage after you jailbreak, you won't notice a difference, because there isn't one.

It's definitely worth it though, the themes and personalization you can make are great! The only slight issue at the moment is that most of themes developed were for the 3.x firmware, and so many parts of them aren't compatiable yet with the 4.0 firmware out now, but they'll be getting updated in time :D
merrill

<

Postby koty56 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:32 pm

Cydia does not constantly run in the background, nor is it the cracked application store. Installous is for cracked Apps. Cydia is for 3rd party apps, not available in the App Store.

Jailbreaking slightly modifies the software on your iPod Touch, but no, it will not drain your battery at all. The exact same things apply for drain battery, jailbroken or not.

Keeping WiFi on, brightness on maximum, running many applications in the background, playing gaming application will all drain your iPod Touch more, but in short, don't worry at all about the battery drainage after you jailbreak, you won't notice a difference, because there isn't one.

It's definitely worth it though, the themes and personalization you can make are great! The only slight issue at the moment is that most of themes developed were for the 3.x firmware, and so many parts of them aren't compatiable yet with the 4.0 firmware out now, but they'll be getting updated in time :D
Jailbreaking? No. Loading Cydia (the cracked application store) does, as it runs constantly in the background.
koty56

Return to iPod