<

Will restoring my iPod Touch delete everything?

Postby wing » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:30 am

My jail broken ipod touch (3.1.3) is stuck in recovery mode and i have to restore it. i know it deletes everything then puts it back on but since its jailbroken will it delete cydia and my jailbroken apps?? also i have a bunch of songs on my ipod that i got from my friend's computer and if i restore, would i still have those songs?? PLEASE help me!
wing

Postby duffey24 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:40 am

My jail broken ipod touch (3.1.3) is stuck in recovery mode and i have to restore it. i know it deletes everything then puts it back on but since its jailbroken will it delete cydia and my jailbroken apps?? also i have a bunch of songs on my ipod that i got from my friend's computer and if i restore, would i still have those songs?? PLEASE help me!
You might not need to restore it, depending on what caused the recovery loop
purchase iReb to use its "Recovery Mode Loop Fixer"
http://ih8sn0w.com/index.php/products/view/ireb.snow

But if that doesn't work and you have to restore, hold Shift when you click Restore to ensure you can restore to 3.1.3 and not upgrade it. You can purchase firmware from: http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/
duffey24

<

Postby tretan » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:44 am

Yes. It will delete everything

It completely sucks (n)
Sorry :(
tretan

Postby zakary8 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:48 am

we can restore them easily. Just use the following tool to help you, it works well in recovering the lost things.
Cucusoft iPad/iPhone/iPod to Computer Transfer is an easy to use iPod/iPhone utility designed to help you backup the stuffs in your iPad/iPhone/iPod. Recover lost or missing music, backup and restore all of your iPad/iPhone/iPod content, including your favorite songs, videos, photo files and Play Lists, and that's not all.
More information if you want to know , you can visit the site:
http://www.ipod-computer.net/ipod-iphone-itouch-transfer.html
Best wishes for you.
zakary8

Postby fearchar » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:53 am

Yea it will delete every thing but you can restore it if you saved it on iTunes
fearchar

Postby arvin » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:57 am

I had this problem too and it deletes everything and then puts your apps in a dif order you have to put the music on though I have no songs boo
arvin

Postby tudor » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:03 am

I haven't jailbroken my iPod, so I don't know if the information I am about to give you is accurate or not.
Yes, if you restore you iPod, it will delete all of you music, videos, etc. I believe it will also remove all of you apps, but I haven't restored my iPod in a long time, so I don't completely remember. But as far as I know, when you restore you iPod, it unfortunately deletes all of the files on the iPod.
tudor

Return to iPod