<

What's the difference between Mac, Mac Pro, & Mac Air??(10 points)?

Postby suffield69 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:38 am

Hey everyone:) so for my birthday in a month I wanna ask for a Mac Laptop. But i don't know Whig one is the best or what's the difference between them. I manily just wanna use it for normal everyday use. Like surfing the web, goin on my friend's site, and also which one has the BEST WEBCAM? Thankyouu!
suffield69

Postby nicolaas59 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:39 am

All the macs have the same webcam, but there are differences in many other places. The standard Macbook does not support SD card slots, and has a slower processer. The Mac Pro supports SD card slots, visual screen plug in (projector) better sound quality recording, a better keyboard, and higher quality, faster processer. The mac Air is honestly the same as the mac Pro, just more expensive, and lighter. I wouldn't suggest the macbook air, because it looks like if you dropped it, you'd have to buy a new computer. I'd say the Mac Pro is the best option.
nicolaas59

<

Postby cully89 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:45 am

the main difference in the 3 computers are the processor and the casing.

Macbook is not made of aluminum but more like a hard plastic. It has a slightly slower processor and you can only upgrade to 4GB of RAM.

Macbook Pro is made of precision unibody aluminum enclosure. The processor is one of the fastest you can get in a laptop. The screen bezel is also black to make the screen color pop and make watching movies more enhanced. It includes a SD card slot, Firewire 400 & 800. The RAM is upgradable to 8GB.

Macbook Air is very light and thin. Good Processor and great keyboard and screen that's similar to the Macbook Pro. However, no firewire and no DVD drive is a major drawback for someone who wants to burn movies or create movies by importing DV video.
cully89

Postby gavino60 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:50 am

the main difference in the 3 computers are the processor and the casing.

Macbook is not made of aluminum but more like a hard plastic. It has a slightly slower processor and you can only upgrade to 4GB of RAM.

Macbook Pro is made of precision unibody aluminum enclosure. The processor is one of the fastest you can get in a laptop. The screen bezel is also black to make the screen color pop and make watching movies more enhanced. It includes a SD card slot, Firewire 400 & 800. The RAM is upgradable to 8GB.

Macbook Air is very light and thin. Good Processor and great keyboard and screen that's similar to the Macbook Pro. However, no firewire and no DVD drive is a major drawback for someone who wants to burn movies or create movies by importing DV video.
Tried all of then. Answer is simple Macbook is a great laptop. Macbook pro is the best laptop! And Macbook Air.. Meh good for travelers. The Macbook and Macbook Pro are similar but different. Pro is more advanced, better specs, way faster, keyboard lights up at night ( Macbook doesnt) Webcam are the same, Air doesnt have a disc drive, GO WITH THE PRO... ITS PRO! at everything.
gavino60

Postby erkerd » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:56 am

So you want to pay 3x more just to have a shiny toy to surf the net?
erkerd

Return to Mac Pro