<

I forgot my password in my macbook pro and now i can't open my laptop does anyone know what should i do?

I forgot my password in my macbook pro and now i can't open my laptop does anyone know what should i do?

Postby pembroke » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:37 am

Luckily for you MACs are weak in security & easy to hack into, just follow these directions:

- Log into the administrator account on the computer - If you don't know that password, then you'll need to skip down to the next section on resetting the computer administrator password.
- Open System Preferences (silver icon with gears) from the Apple Menu, dock, or the Applications folder.
- Select Accounts.
- Click the little lock button in the bottom-left hand corner.
- Then select your user account with the forgotten password.
- Click Change Password and enter your new password and a hint to help you remember in case you forget again.
That does it! You can then restart your computer (or just logoff and switch users) and login using your new password.

If you don't know the administrator password:
- Start the Macbook(Pro) with the original Mac OS X install disc. You can do this by inserting the disc, restarting the computer, and then holding the "C" key down while the Mac is starting up.
- Under the Utilities Menu on the Installer page, choose "Reset Password"
- Select your hard drive and then your administrator account (not "system administrator [root])
- Enter the new password and hint, then click save
- Then quit the installer and restart the computer
pembroke

Postby eilwen » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:39 am

Luckily for you MACs are weak in security & easy to hack into, just follow these directions:

- Log into the administrator account on the computer - If you don't know that password, then you'll need to skip down to the next section on resetting the computer administrator password.
- Open System Preferences (silver icon with gears) from the Apple Menu, dock, or the Applications folder.
- Select Accounts.
- Click the little lock button in the bottom-left hand corner.
- Then select your user account with the forgotten password.
- Click Change Password and enter your new password and a hint to help you remember in case you forget again.
That does it! You can then restart your computer (or just logoff and switch users) and login using your new password.

If you don't know the administrator password:
- Start the Macbook(Pro) with the original Mac OS X install disc. You can do this by inserting the disc, restarting the computer, and then holding the "C" key down while the Mac is starting up.
- Under the Utilities Menu on the Installer page, choose "Reset Password"
- Select your hard drive and then your administrator account (not "system administrator [root])
- Enter the new password and hint, then click save
- Then quit the installer and restart the computer
is there a guest account? if so log onto that then go access accounts and see if you can alter it by clicking the lock on your account or go into apple and see what's going on.
Have you tried entering the password wrong 3 times? should come up with a clue to your original password! good luck!
eilwen

<

Postby aaric98 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:47 am

I believe you can reset it from the OS X installation disk, if you still have that :)
aaric98

Postby zadornin87 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:04 am

This one was answered on yahoo answers check out the answer below.
zadornin87

Postby audwin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:06 am

you can find some videos on my friend's site and they say you should find your mac osx disc and the video will show you if you can find one thats good but they are mostly the same
audwin

Return to MacBook Pro