<

Help me choose the right Mac for me?

Postby camdan40 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:05 pm

Okay, i'm right now a sophmore year. I'm going to be going to colledge in two years, so this laptops going to serve for me through my University too. I'm thinkign Mac book Pro, or Macbook Air. Soo, yeah. I can get any the laptop for any price. So which is better? Which is faster? More suitable for University? Also i'm an artist too, and yeah a Mac would help so which is better in the field of art too?

Also: Here Comparison.

Macbook Pro
13-inch
2.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i7
500GB
$1,499.00

Macbook Air:

13-inch
1.86GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
128GB flash storage
$1,299.00
camdan40

Postby dobhailen24 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:09 pm

Macbook Pro. The AIr is a really great second computer for people who need a super lightweight computer for travel, but not a great main computer. I have a Macbook Pro that I use as my main computer, and my Macbook Air I use for travel, because I'm disabled and couldn't carry my Macbook Pro through an airport. The Pro is more powerful, has superior graphics, more RAM and a more storage.

ANY computer is good for websurfing; that's not particularly resource intensive. The Macbook Pro's Core i7 is MUCH faster and more powerful than the Core 2 Duo, and you will see the difference in image and/or video editing. Streaming video is more limited by your internet connection than your computer, and I use BOTH my Macbok Pro and my Macbook Air for Netflix. My Air is great in a hotel room to stream Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Instant Video. The Macbook pro's battery beats out the Macbook Air, though not by much. The 13" Macbook Pro weighs in at 4.5 pounds, while the 13" Macbook Air is just 2.9 pounds.

Your choice of a Mac is great, because Macs stay current and hold their value better than most Windows PCs. If you're a sophomore now and want a computer to last until you graduate from college--that's six years!--a Mac is FAR more likely to be able to do the probable 2 OS upgrades you'll need to do. But choose the Macbook Pro. The AIr is underpowered for your artwork, and the storage space is too small and can't be upgraded. It's just not intended to be your main computer.

Good luck in school!
dobhailen24

<

Postby jesstin69 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:14 pm

get a MB Pro.. its a little more pricy but more durable than MB Air..
Macbooks weight at least 4-8 lbs..

macbook air is mostly for people who travel and use it for 2-3 hours.. get a Pro
jesstin69

Postby elikai86 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:17 pm

Pro. It's much more what you want. Unless portability is a huge issue then I'd go air. But I wouldn't leave just the plain white MacBook out just yet. All of them are solid machines but the Pro would handel your art, school, and whatever else better
elikai86

Postby donavon » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:20 pm

Pro. It's much more what you want. Unless portability is a huge issue then I'd go air. But I wouldn't leave just the plain white MacBook out just yet. All of them are solid machines but the Pro would handel your art, school, and whatever else better
Go pro bro
donavon

Return to MacBook Pro