<

How do i play world of warcraft on my tv?

Postby brickman25 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:41 pm

i have my macbook pro hooked up to my viore tv and i play my games on it all the time but for some reason i cannot get WOW to play on my tv. Does anyone know how i can do that??
brickman25

Postby dagwood » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:43 pm

I am not completely familiar with MacBooks, and I do not own one, but my first guess is that your MacBook isn't able to push such high-resolution graphics as World of Warcraft requires through a wire to a common non-Apple television set. You won't have any trouble at all if you are working with an Apple external monitor, but you may have issues like this one with any other external monitor such as a television set. Your best bet is to take your MacBook to an Apple Store near you (they are all over the place now, so you should be able to find one that isn't too far away), get the attention of one of the Geniuses in the back of the store, and talk to him or her about your issue. They may have a better solution for you than we can offer. If you can bring your television set in with you as well, then all the better. - LJS
dagwood

<

Postby akwetee » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:49 pm

You CAN play WoW on your TV. If you want to do that, my first piece of advice is to sell your mac and buy a PC with a nice graphics card. There are plenty out there, and for the price of a new macbook pro, you could get the best one on the market. Depending on how old your MBpro is, you could probably buy a great PC with the money you get selling it. But that's just my two cents.

Anyways, back to the question. For a time, I played wow on my tv. I hooked my desktop up via HDMI cable to the TV, and just used a wireless mouse/keyboard. It looked great, and it was nice playing on a 52 inch screen, but I don't recommend doing it unless you are very close to your TV or use it as a monitor in your dorm or w/e. You have to adjust the resolution, and then a lot of text on websites is way too small. All in all, it causes a lot of minor annoyances whilst using your computer, so I would personally recommend playing on your laptop screen or on a monitor.

I wish I could help you more, but you are pretty vague in your description. All you said was basically "WOW does not play on my TV, fix it". All i can say is that I can confirm that wow does in fact work on tvs.
akwetee

Postby darby » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:52 pm

That is impossible:)
darby

Postby taima71 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:57 pm

You don't.

:)
taima71

Return to MacBook Pro