<

I just bought a MacBook Pro. Now what?!?

Postby gautier6 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:07 pm

After a long and hard time of saving money, i had finally gotten enough to buy myself a Macbook pro. But just now that i've got it, i came to the realization that i pretty much have no idea what to do with this object. So i've putting some music on, some photos and i went Facebook. I even watched a movie. But that is pretty much it...
The whole aim of getting this computer was that i would do my school work on it, but since i also want to use it for more than just schoolwork and Facebook, i'd like to know what i can do? I don't want play games like World of warcraft or something, which my friend already recommended me, cause i'm not looking to waste time either :D Thanks
gautier6

Postby anderson19 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:13 pm

What did you do with the computer before it?
anderson19

<

Postby delane » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:25 pm

You should have prethought this first. make sure you want to put what you are buying into good use. One thing I would recommend to do is to install programs (i really dont know)
delane

Postby gwendelyn » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:39 pm

You need osx compatible software you can do pretty much the same on a mac as a pc, if you want there is a facility to install windows as well.
gwendelyn

Postby whitlaw56 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:42 pm

I have a MacBook Pro too and installed Win7 soon after receiving it. Compared to Windows, the OS X have less good softwares and does less. The only reason I have it is to develop apps and to use it as an amp for my guitar.
whitlaw56

Postby raghallach » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:46 pm

Well get the appropriate apps like iWork and or Microsoft Office & proceed. Check out the Mac App Store as well.
raghallach

Postby fionnlagh » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:58 pm

What! You have got a Mac and have not played around with PhotoBooth! It is compulsory. After exploring all the effects in PhotoBooth you can make some music in GarageBand and then make a movie with iMovie which both come with your Mac. Visit the App Store (which also comes with the Mac) and see if anything takes your fancy... Try real stuff like Sketchbook Express or Motion Express.

So much to do! So little time!
fionnlagh

Return to MacBook Pro