<

MacBook Air for College?

MacBook Air for College?

Postby hann38 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:27 am

I already own a MacBook Pro which would be much more powerful than the Air but I'm looking for the 11" Air because I'd rather carry it to class for note-taking or easy browsing. Plus my Pro's battery is not great at all. The portability of the Air would be such a weight off my shoulders in school.

Would you recommend buying the Air and keeping the Pro as a home computer?
And would you recommend getting 2GB or 4GB RAM?
hann38

MacBook Air for College?

Postby osmarr » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:41 am

I would recommended this asus netbook
ASUS Eee Slate EP121-1A011M 12.1-Inch Tablet PC
*12.1" WSVGA (1280x800) Capacitive LED Touchscreen; Pen or Finger Touch; Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) Operating System
*Intel Core i5-470UM CPU; 2GB of DDR3 1333MHz SDRAM, 1x2GB; 1 slot, 4GB Max; Intel HD Graphics
*32GB Solid State Drive; Wireless 802.11bgn; Bluetooth 3.0; 2.0MP Webcam; Internal Speaker; Internal Microphone
*Mini HDMI Port; 2 USB 2.0 ports; 2-in-1 Card Reader (SD & MMC); 4 Cell 34W/h Battery (Up to 3 Hours Battery Life)
*Includes Digitizer Pen; Folio Case; Bluetooth Keyboard
osmarr

<

MacBook Air for College?

Postby wren » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:42 am

I agree with the other person, it can get super distracting when someone's messing about on their computer. Or Mac, should I say. Hehe.

Don't bother wasting your money. Someone I know from my local council has one and she regrets buying it hugely. The performance on it is terrible, and all she does is make spreadsheets and word documents and stuff. For the same price, you might as well get a decent MacBook :L

If you really need a small computer for class, I recommend, (SHOCK HORROR!) getting a Windows Notebook PC. For the price of a MacBook air you can get a small PC with oodles of power, and you can still play games and movies and stuff on it if you want but it's still compact.
wren

MacBook Air for College?

Postby brannen70 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:47 am

I've heard bad things about the Air. Keep your money. By the way, don't bring your laptop to class. It'll be distracting to you and other students.
brannen70

Return to MacBook Pro