<

MacBook Pro won't start up?

Postby quinlan » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:05 am

MacBook Pro 750GB HDD quad-core won't start up.

It started being really slow about 5-6 hours ago and would freeze/take forever to load up Safari and Word. When I opened up Word to begin writing a paper for school, it totally froze up and the screen went black, it might have even just turned off it self. Now when I turn it on, the gray screen with the darker gray Apple logo comes up like normally, but a progress bar also shows up like it's updating firmware or something. The bar gets about 1/10th the way there then stops. Moments later the computer turns off. This has happened every time the past 7 tries. I put in the OS X install disc to maybe reboot it or repair it, but it did nothing and now the disc won't eject. I've tried hitting 'Shift' to enter safe mode - didn't work. I've tried resetting PRAM - nothing.

I bought it from Best Buy for $2199 along with Office Mac and the $150(I think) warranty. Can I fix it myself? Bring it to them to fix? Or exchange it for a new one since I got the warranty? I bought it April 5th.
quinlan

Postby adalwin97 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:10 am

could be either screen, hd or power supply/battery. go get it checked up at an apple store
adalwin97

<

Postby alston » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:28 am

potential solutions:
1. an hero
2. buy a computer that you might have an actual chance of fixing by yourself if something goes wrong (pc)

a problem like that needs to be brought to somebody that can repair apple computers
alston

Return to MacBook Pro