<

Problem with my internet connection, keeps dropping server connection?

Postby dabi68 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:06 am

I have a brand-new MacBook Pro connected to a wifi network in my house. Unfortunately I can't tell you anything about the wifi because all of that is based in the apartment downstairs in the basement and I live in a completely seperate part of the house.

My internet will work fine, but then randomly stop connecting to any servers. Eg no matter what site I try to navigate to, it says "Cannot find the server 'abc123.com'." When I go to Network Diagnostics, I see that while "Airport", "Airport Settings", and "Network Settings" are green, "ISP", "Internet", and "Server" are not. The problem then disappears when I try to go through Network Settings to fix it, it suddenly just says "Your internet connection appears to be working normally." But 30 seconds later it'll start dropping server connections again.

This is really frustrating and annoying, any help would be appreciated!!! If I need to talk to the downstairs inhabitants or call Comcast then I'll do it, but if I can fix this problem independently on my computer I'd prefer that! Somehow, though, I get the feeling it's not my computer...
dabi68

Postby cham » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:13 am

OK Don't worry ,I'm too using the same.

adjust the wifi box at appropriate place on the terrace and drag a wire to ur room.

n connect it. n the server speed n connection depends on the distnce from the signal tower too
cham

Return to MacBook Pro