<

If I restore my MacBook Pro to factory settings will I lose Microsoft Word?

Postby chait65 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:28 am

I got my MacBook Pro in May but i fell like I've purchase to many things that I want to get rid of but I'm scared that if I restore my MacBook Pro to factory settings then I might lose Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint and I don't have the disc anymore or the 16 digit number thing. So If I restore my MacBook Pro to factory settings will I lose Microsoft Word?
chait65

Postby fahroni14 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:34 am

Make a disc image of your computer by connecting it using a firewire cable to another Mac. The real Disc Utility program can make a disc image.

Then you can erase and install Mac OS X from the other computer, and then use Migration Assistant to bring all your applications and files back into your fresh install.
fahroni14

<

Postby martell6 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:37 am

from the soudns of it...most likely, however, i suggest you backup you entire hard drive, but in the event that you do not want to do the research and take the time, i further suggest you copy the microsoft office folder to a usb flash drive or a external harddrive where there is enoigh room. once you go through the process, copy it back.

i recently just upgraded my mac with more memory and a significatly larger internal hard drive. i backup up my harddrive to a external useing SuperDuper, and it created a exact image of my mac and the state i left it in. see if you can get your hands on SuperDuper, it isnt real, however ill give you a hint...river.
martell6

Postby nolen » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:44 am

from the soudns of it...most likely, however, i suggest you backup you entire hard drive, but in the event that you do not want to do the research and take the time, i further suggest you copy the microsoft office folder to a usb flash drive or a external harddrive where there is enoigh room. once you go through the process, copy it back.

i recently just upgraded my mac with more memory and a significatly larger internal hard drive. i backup up my harddrive to a external useing SuperDuper, and it created a exact image of my mac and the state i left it in. see if you can get your hands on SuperDuper, it isnt real, however ill give you a hint...river.
ya it would deleat word hence you would be reseting everything i would just deleat it manually but you could back up some of your files on a flash drive if you want.

ya dont reset you will lose it.
nolen

Postby waverly19 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:50 am

Yeah but you have nothing too worry about as long as you've the disk of Microsoft word. Microsoft just recently released their new updated version for 2011 for Mac so you might wanna check that out.
waverly19

Postby ohitekah62 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:51 am

ya it would deleat word hence you would be reseting everything i would just deleat it manually but you could back up some of your files on a flash drive if you want.

Yeah but you have nothing too worry about as long as you've the disk of Microsoft word. Microsoft just recently released their new updated version for 2011 for Mac so you might wanna check that out.
ohitekah62

Postby paton33 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:53 am

Yes, you will need to reinstall everything that you have put "extra" on it. Not fun when you have a lot of extras.
paton33

Postby makis » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:56 am

makis

Postby severin12 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:07 am

yes you will lose your programs you have installed your self. just uninstall some of the programs
severin12

Return to MacBook Pro