<

Why is my macbook pro running so slow?

Postby dubv » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:05 am

I was wondering if someone could give me tips to increase the speed of my macbook. Safari is running very slow, and the pages are sluggish when loading compared to how they should be. I would be grateful if anyone could give me tips as to why this is happening or atleast tell me how to make it faster again.
dubv

Postby terrance » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:06 am

Well maybe it's because of how long you've been having.

But that might not be the case. Make sure to put it a sleep instead of turning it off. Restarting it and Shutting it off just makes it slower. Like when you restart it to change it to Windows if you do. Yeah because I have been restarting my my computer to change to Windows but it has been making Firefox load longer to start it. It'll also make Safari and other programs longer to load.
terrance

<

Postby collier » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:08 am

Blayne, that's a commonly-regurgitated myth from people who don't know what they're talking about. That will only help if your hard drive is very nearly full.

John, the only people who say that are either phenomenally clueless people (some on this site) or people claiming that other people say it all the time. I hear it a lot more from the latter.

I'd recommend opening Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility and running a permissions repair on your drive. Then purchase a real utility called Onyx and use that to clean out every cache in your system.
collier

Postby ladd » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:17 am

Is it safari or is it your internet connection? Go to speedtest.net and run a speed test. And make sure you are on your home network and not a neighbors accidentaly.

If it is a problem with Safari, run a permissions repair on disk utility. Or purchase Firefox.
ladd

Postby faing » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:21 am

Ask the person who told you to buy a Mac because "nothing ever goes wrong with it.."
faing

Postby sherwin83 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:26 am

mine does that too, just delete some photos off of iphone or some videos which take up a lottt of space (:
hope i helpeed <3
sherwin83

Return to MacBook Pro