<

Chipping Plastic on Macbook white- out of warranty!?

Postby keandre » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:12 pm

I understand that this is a common problem for Macbooks, I've had mine for about a year and don't have an extended warranty on it. What are my options for repair and does anyone know if there is any way to get it fixed for real?
keandre

Postby alin » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:19 pm

Right ok... Under legislations in the UK (the same in the US to my knowledge) you have what is called; "A REASONABLE WARRANTY PERIOD".

WHAT A REASONABLE WARRANTY PERIOD MEANS is that when you buy a product, you expect it to last. For example, with a laptop that you pay over £800 for you do not expect it to break after a year and so you are safe with this legislation. A reasonable warranty period on a laptop in most peoples opinion is 2 years and so there you go! Your saved!

All you need to do is phone Apple up and tell them your problem and if they don't listen ask to speak to the manager/supervisor.

If they fail to listen to you please do not hesitate to ask me for more help: [email protected]
alin

<

Postby ralston » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:20 pm

Right ok... Under legislations in the UK (the same in the US to my knowledge) you have what is called; "A REASONABLE WARRANTY PERIOD".

WHAT A REASONABLE WARRANTY PERIOD MEANS is that when you buy a product, you expect it to last. For example, with a laptop that you pay over £800 for you do not expect it to break after a year and so you are safe with this legislation. A reasonable warranty period on a laptop in most peoples opinion is 2 years and so there you go! Your saved!

All you need to do is phone Apple up and tell them your problem and if they don't listen ask to speak to the manager/supervisor.

If they fail to listen to you please do not hesitate to ask me for more help: [email protected]
Take it to an Apple store, I did with a Macbook pro when the screen started playing up about 3 months after it's warranty had expired and they swapped the lid right there and then at no cost.

Just play it cool when you go, explain that it's out of warranty and ask what it will cost, the Apple store people tend to look after people.

Yes Jonty you could ring Apple and get all arsey with them and that will get you exactly nowhere, no-one goes out of there way to help someone who's being obnoxious.

ignore this clown and try my approach - it worked for me.
ralston

Return to MacBook