<

Is core 2 duo a good processor for Macbook or should I wait for it to be upgraded?

Is core 2 duo a good processor for Macbook or should I wait for it to be upgraded?

Postby lakeland » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:23 am

ATM I have a sony vaio, with windows vista and core 2 duo processor. I want to change from a PC to a mac. Im looking to buy a Macbook, and so far I have only seen it with a core 2 duo processor. Is the core 2 duo processor good enough for the Macbook or should I wait until Apple upgrades it with a i3 or something processor. Plz and thankyou for your help.
lakeland

Postby gil » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:33 am

Core 2 Duo is a very good and efficient processor. Of course i3 is going to be a lot better, but Core 2 Duo is going to be perfectly fine for a long time, especially for a Mac, because Apple makes sure the hardware is pristine for all their products.
gil

<

Postby ken71 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:36 am

Intel Core 2 Duo is great for macbook. Macbooks unlike PCs have a regulated processor. You can wait for it to upgrade but not many can guarantee when that would happen. The i3 Core would be next on the line who knows, core i3 is in for the upgraded iMac I believe, and that came out already.

Bottom line is that it'll do just fine for the Macbook. Trust me I would know (read source).

Hope this helped you out! =)
ken71

Postby tadd » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:42 am

Intel Core 2 Duo is great for macbook. Macbooks unlike PCs have a regulated processor. You can wait for it to upgrade but not many can guarantee when that would happen. The i3 Core would be next on the line who knows, core i3 is in for the upgraded iMac I believe, and that came out already.

Bottom line is that it'll do just fine for the Macbook. Trust me I would know (read source).

Hope this helped you out! =)
Depends on what you want to do with the macbook..if you want to just surf and play games then Core2 is fine..for video editing and 3D rendering then core2 is fine but for faster renders go with an i3.

I have a core2 duo and its perfectly fast enough for me
tadd

Return to MacBook