<

How can I hack a wifi password using a macbook pro?

Postby lamont » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:52 pm

I am a 19 year old college student with a macbook pro and no wireless internet. However, everyone else in my building does have wireless internet. how can i use my macbook pro to get around the password restriction and use someone else's wifi? don't care if its illegal and i have no money to buy my own router.
lamont

Postby daviel16 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:59 pm

I am a 19 year old college student with a macbook pro and no wireless internet. However, everyone else in my building does have wireless internet. how can i use my macbook pro to get around the password restriction and use someone else's wifi? don't care if its illegal and i have no money to buy my own router.
I know you want wifi, but you should get an android root it and use it for wifi tethering, you could also use a friends computer with windows or linux, and use aircracking. Or just use boot camp to windows partition your mac and use aircracking on it :) also if you want some help using aircrack-ng just email me at will_bla[email protected] or [email protected] I'll be happy to help you with whatever you need. I know how badly you must want wifi dude.
daviel16

<

Postby stocleah » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:03 pm

The thing is this. Back in the day, wifi used weak encryption called WEP. That's when we all heard the stories on the news about wifi getting hacked. WEP went away like five or six years ago. Everything is now WPA2, which is not hack-able like WEP was.
stocleah

Postby carlyle99 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:05 pm

The thing is this. Back in the day, wifi used weak encryption called WEP. That's when we all heard the stories on the news about wifi getting hacked. WEP went away like five or six years ago. Everything is now WPA2, which is not hack-able like WEP was.
Just ask a friend next door or near to you for their web key..?
Nearly everyone has WPA2 these days, and you need the password/web key to use it.
carlyle99

Postby yasuo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:10 pm

Just ask a friend next door or near to you for their web key..?
Nearly everyone has WPA2 these days, and you need the password/web key to use it.
wel the best way is to actually make a computer to computter network and tell one of them to join then you will be able to use their internet access
yasuo

Return to MacBook