<

How much does a Macbook screen cost to repair/replace?

Postby asher » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:07 am

I have this problem with my 13 inch white Macbook: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2329057?start=0&tstart=0

I see that the screen seems to need to be replaced. How much would this cost if I went straight through Apple (I'm out of warranty and I have no insurance)? I'm not willing to replace the screen myself seeing as I'm fourteen and would probably botch it up.
asher

Postby darrold59 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:12 am

I have this problem with my 13 inch white Macbook: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2329057?start=0&tstart=0

I see that the screen seems to need to be replaced. How much would this cost if I went straight through Apple (I'm out of warranty and I have no insurance)? I'm not willing to replace the screen myself seeing as I'm fourteen and would probably botch it up.
The screen replacement will cost more than the laptop did to begin with and will cost far more than what it is currently worth. You are better off getting a new Mac.

Sorry about your loss.
darrold59

<

Postby macneill » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:19 am

The screen replacement will cost more than the laptop did to begin with and will cost far more than what it is currently worth. You are better off getting a new Mac.

Sorry about your loss.
You can ask us until the cows come home but it won't get either the current price or it fixed

You need to take a deep breath, pick up the phone and call Apple care, or Apple help. And then you need to ask them,and tell them the problem, see what they say.

Now I want you to be very nice to these people. They spend the day talking to angry people, upset people and a lot of stupid people who what someone to wave a wand over the phone and fix their compute/iPod/iPad etc. There are things they can do, things they cannot do. However I have found they are more willing to bend if you are nice to them. They may not bend as much as you want, but they will try and help you.

The bad news is that I really doubt that it will either be cheap or real. I am sorry but that is the way it is with laptops, of any kind. What I want you to think about in the future, is any mechanical problem you are having with a computer, especially a mac, do not screw around on this kind of a website. Go to the Apple.com support area and visit there, call Apple help and perhaps you will be early enough to have the problem be a little one instead of the more costly one it is now.
macneill

Return to MacBook