<

How to rent to own a macbook?

Postby alhsom » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:51 am

I've been looking to get a macbook for a while now. I've found good deals on craigslist but as many people know trusting someone with that much money for something that's not brand new isn't ideal. I heard it was possible to rent one from the apple store but I haven't had the chance to go up there yet. It's somewhat of a far drive for me so I was wondering if anyone had any good or bad experiences with doing so. I was wondering exactly how it worked? Like say I went up there with 300-400 dollars and wanted to buy the macbook pro which is around 1500, I know they have to approve your for some credit thing but would I be able to put that much down that day and get the laptop the same day? If someone that's done it before could explain it to me how it works and how it worked for them with some more detail that would be much appreciate. Thank you.
alhsom

Postby reade » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:52 am

I never heard about Apple renting computers. I think you are incorrect on that.

You can try going through a rent to own company, but they will charge you astronomical interest and by the time you pay it off, you will have paid twice the original cost.
reade

<

Postby feldtun58 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:55 am

I have never heard of such a program, searched the Apple.com site and did not see anything about this type of program. Before you go give them a call and ask to speak to a manager.
I am wondering why you think you need a pro. I have a 3 year old pro and my new MacBook is faster and better except for lacking a firewire port and the slot for cards. The lack of firewire I don't care for, but I have an iMac that does do firewire, so I am still good there.
One other idea, check for specials at the other stores that sell the Macs, look for the returns special or the open box specials. I have usually gone that route and saved a couple of hundred. It is something you have to search for usually at the sites. Even Apple sells these macs.
feldtun58

Return to MacBook