<

How do I turn ON my camera on Skype on my Macbook Pro?

Postby raylen53 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:14 am

Hi! My camera on photobooth is working perfectly on my Mac, but it seems that when I go on Skype, my partner can't see me because my camera is off. Someone please help me very SPECIFICLY?? :( I have a Macbook Pro, btw. Thanks <3
raylen53

Postby carly » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:19 am

Hi! My camera on photobooth is working perfectly on my Mac, but it seems that when I go on Skype, my partner can't see me because my camera is off. Someone please help me very SPECIFICLY?? :( I have a Macbook Pro, btw. Thanks <3
Video should work from your mac to any other Skype user - on mac, windows or linux - as long as they're using a version of Skype new enough to support video calls.

If you use a Mac webcam built-in to your computer and want to video chat in Skype, you can do so by using the program's Preferences menu.

1 Open Skype.

2 Click on the "Skype" menu tab at the top of the screen once the program opens.

3 Click "Preferences."

4 Click on the "Video" option.

5 Check the box next to "Enable Skype Video."

6 Click on the box next to the "Camera" option. Click "Built-in iSight" to enable the Mac's camera in Skype.

7 Check the box next to "Start my video automatically" under the heading labeled "When I am in a call." Close the Preferences window when finished.

Regards,
Tamim
carly

Return to MacBook