<

13 inch Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz vs. 2.9 GHz?

Postby aeker32 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:41 pm

I need to buy a macbook pro for school (its a requirement for a graphic and web design program) but don't know which one to get. I have to get a 13" for sure because I don't have the money for anything else.
I also have to buy an Adobe program and the minimum requirement is 2 GB of memory but it is recommended to have 8 GB.

So I have 2 choices: 13" 2.5 GHz upgraded to a 8 GB of memory.
or pay about $300 more and get the 13" 2.9 GHz with 8 GB of memory.

I'll be using this as my main computer for both school and personal life (just facebook, skype, etc). I'm hoping this will last me a few years so I'll be able to use it in my work life as a graphic and web designer as well. I've never owned a Mac before so I don't really know much about them. I'm not a very high class person, meaning I don't really care how nice my laptop is, as long as it runs well and is a decent speed. Is it really worth the extra $300 to get the 2.9 GHz Macbook Pro or is the 2.5 one good enough for what I'll be using it for?
aeker32

Postby absalon95 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:44 pm

If you're going to invest the $$ for a MBP in my opinion the 13" is a bit small for graphics work. (I work with photography on a iMac and also own a 13" MBP). The 13" is great for simply displaying for another person to see...one person other than myself. Otherwise the display is simply too small for finite work.
absalon95

Return to MacBook