<

My mac will not stay connected to my wireless, HELP PLEASE!?

Postby giorgio » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:27 pm

Ok, so I recently got a new router because my old one was acting up. Since then my computer (MacBook Pro) will not stay permanently connected to my wireless internet, which is open.. (No WEP or WAP passwords). Before my new router, my computer was always connected. Sometimes I am able to get on it but other times it shows the locked symbol, and suggests I need a password. This is strange because my sister, who has a PC laptop, never has an issue with the wireless, and there is no such password. Both myself and my boyfriend have macs and we both have trouble getting on the internet here at my house. I am almost sure it has something to do with the setting on my mac, but I have toyed with them for weeks trying to get it figured out but nothing has worked. If anyone has ANY suggestions, PLEASE comment. This is driving me up the wall.. Thanks!!!!
giorgio

Postby adoerte80 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:29 pm

I think you have to "lock" it. Where you connect it.. there will be a small lock and you have to click it to lock in the changes. Hope that helps!
adoerte80

Return to MacBook