<

My mousepad on my Macbook Pro is not working?

Postby arnaldo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:24 am

my mousepad for the past couple days isnt working. i have tried to restart, shut off, and put on sleep for hours to see if it'll work and it is glitching. what should i do?
arnaldo

Postby lazaro » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:27 am

Try these steps:

1 Adjust the touchpad sensitivity from the control panel. Perhaps lessening the sensitivity will solve the problem. In Windows OS go to your control panel, and select hardware and sound. Then click "mouse," and when the new window pops up select the settings tab. From there you can adjust the sensitivity. If your mouse came with its own software you may be able to adjust the settings from the system panel. Hover your mouse over the icons near the system clock, and look for an icon that is titled touchpad, or mouse. You can click this icon and adjust settings.

2 Clean the touchpad with rubbing alcohol in case there is a grease buildup on the touchpad. This is the most common cause for touchpad failure.

3 Remove the touchpad drivers from device manager and reinstall. Sometimes there can be driver errors that are preventing the touchpad from working. Device manager can be accessed via control panel in Windows systems.

4 Replace the touchpad if none of these steps work. Prices can range from $15 to $50 plus labor rates. It is best to let a computer professional change this since major disassembly is required to remove and replace the touchpad, and many fragile components will be exposed during this process.
lazaro

Return to MacBook