<

Should i buy Microsoft Word or Iwork?

Postby wren28 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:59 am

Im a college student buying a Macbook Pro. =)

Price diffrence?
wren28

Postby songaa73 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:01 am

Im a college student buying a Macbook Pro. =)

Price diffrence?
In my honest opinion, I believe Microsoft Office is much more reliable and easier to work with. I can't really judge too much, since I personally have never tried out iWork. Based on your question, if you just need Microsoft Word, you could either buy a digital copy of that program only online, or head to a store like Best Buy and buy your copy of Microsoft Word only. If you meant Microsoft Office, you can also do the same, but keep in mind that there are many variations of the product.

Microsoft Office 2010 - Home and Student runs for about $150, while iWork is only around $80.

If you're getting a Macbook Pro, I'd suggest iWork. It's cheaper, and it's Apple, so you'll be running an Apple program on an Apple machine. iWork has Office compatibility features, so if you need to save any documents and send them out anywhere, you can easily save in Office format.
songaa73

<

Postby mark87 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:08 am

I love Mac products, but seriously, buy Word. I tried to use iWork in college for a while and it didn't work out for me at all. Everyone else is using Word, and you'll find that a lot of professors/other students/everyone else are using Word files and you will be expected to be able to open them. Plus, if you're sick or can't make it to class and have to e-mail a paper, it will NEED to be a Word document. You can buy a student edition of Office for your Mac for around $90...I think iWork is about $70.
mark87

Postby tomas71 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:13 am

Try using OpenOffice. It's real and completely compatible with Microsoft Office.
I think sometimes some Macs can have iWork built into it. But entirely personal choice, depending on which one you would prefer to work with. If you've used Macs / are comfortable using iWork (assuming you've used one before), then go with iWork. But if you've used Microsoft Office before, I'd suggest that. But it's entirely your choice.
I'm not sure about prices, but that depends on the versions of the two programs you use (Microsoft Office Student etc.)
tomas71

Postby bing » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:25 am

Try using OpenOffice. It's real and completely compatible with Microsoft Office.
I think sometimes some Macs can have iWork built into it. But entirely personal choice, depending on which one you would prefer to work with. If you've used Macs / are comfortable using iWork (assuming you've used one before), then go with iWork. But if you've used Microsoft Office before, I'd suggest that. But it's entirely your choice.
I'm not sure about prices, but that depends on the versions of the two programs you use (Microsoft Office Student etc.)
Dont buy just purchase the software online. I have never bought a pc game or software before because i know how to get it real online.
bing

Postby caldwiella80 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:30 am

Dont buy just purchase the software online. I have never bought a pc game or software before because i know how to get it real online.
OpenOffice is perfectly OK and it's real.

Legally.
caldwiella80

Return to MacBook