<

Spilled water on my MacBook, then it died?

Postby chadd11 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 am

It died after the water spill and I haven't tried powering it on, does it need to be taken to a repair shop? And is the hard drive going to be ok?
chadd11

Postby cater24 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:50 am

tip#1 ok first take out the battery pack and let it dry out wait about 2hours put it back in then if it still doesn't work then take it to a computer shop or get your life time warranty and call the people hope this helps Lots Of Love Ally <3
cater24

<

Postby englbehrt » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:53 am

Sorry but I highly doubt it is going to be ok...I spilled coffee in my laptop and it immediately fried the hard drive. You need to take it to a professional. Or...buy a new hard drive and install yourself, but there could be other things wrong, so I would take it in. If it is still under warranty, that may help but you will need to check it out.
englbehrt

Postby bryon62 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:59 am

Sorry but I highly doubt it is going to be ok...I spilled coffee in my laptop and it immediately fried the hard drive. You need to take it to a professional. Or...buy a new hard drive and install yourself, but there could be other things wrong, so I would take it in. If it is still under warranty, that may help but you will need to check it out.
You did not tell about warranty. If it is in warranty period then contact customer care. Many laptops comes with accidental warranty.if it is so, then your laptop will be repaired by the company.(if it is in warranty period). Otherwise u must got repaired it.
bryon62

Postby nynnyaw » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:06 am

The motherboard might need to be replace ,it only takes couple of circuits on the motherboard to short out ,have it check out if letting it sit sideways open for a couple of days.
nynnyaw

Postby cumhaige20 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:16 am

The motherboard might need to be replace ,it only takes couple of circuits on the motherboard to short out ,have it check out if letting it sit sideways open for a couple of days.
The hard drive is probably okay, yes.

Really, try wait a day and try turn it on. If it doesnt work, go to a repair shop.
cumhaige20

Postby kenney78 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:20 am

gee, I wonder why?
kenney78

Return to MacBook