<

What is Best Buy's employee discount on laptop computers?

Postby yerachmiel » Fri Aug 14, 1998 6:21 am

I was looking into buying a MacBook computer and I wanted to know what the price would be once my boyfriend gets a job there (in the tech park of the store). The retail price is around $999.
yerachmiel

Postby ruff » Tue May 31, 2005 8:05 am

Good Question Look at here
ruff

<

Postby eddie84 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:51 pm

they add 10% over what they paid for it, but they already don't sell computers for much margin. Also, doesn't matter what part of the store he's in.
The real savings are in anything labeled "Geek Squad" or whatever other shitty brands are owned by best buy.

Like their usb cables, they used to sell them for $15, they get them for $1

So if you bought usb cables over time, you could sell them on ebay and make the price of the computer in no time. (you'd get fired)

Before I quit that **** job, I bought a whole bunch of usb cables for my friend and myself. First the total was hundreds of dollars, then the employee discount goes in, and it's hardly anything.

So, think about it in terms of what the store makes profit off of, which are the accessories, they gouge the price on accessories, which is why they're always, "OH HAY GUY, DON'T YOU NEED GOLD CABLES, HUR HUR" or USP's etc. Mac already makes most of the money off of the laptop, and best buy might be able to take like 7% off, for employees, so WOOOO you saved tax.

protip2: when really cheap computers came in, they would throw the store employees an "option" to buy it before customers got in the door, so sometimes there weren't any left for the customers. That's taking care of the customer for you.
eddie84

Postby caledvwich35 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:06 pm

I was having a similar question several days ago. during the process of attempting to search the answer I ended up getting a real Macbook Air from cyberapplemacpoint.tk!!! my Macbook Air arrived in the next few days n it's going to be awesome!!!

Good luck
caledvwich35

Postby virgil31 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:12 am

I was looking into buying a MacBook computer and I wanted to know what the price would be once my boyfriend gets a job there (in the tech park of the store). The retail price is around $999.
virgil31

Return to MacBook