<

What is the best anti-virus, anti-malware software for Mac OS X (10.6) ?

Postby manolo82 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:47 pm

what is the "best" software for protecting Mac from viruses, spyware, malware, key loggers, etc.
I run 10.6.8 on a macbook pro. mostly this is personal use and i am worried about browser vulnerabilities, malware, etc. i use it for online banking, managing my finances, etc. is the most critical concern.
manolo82

Postby gisilbert » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:50 pm

I recommend Sophos Home for Mac. I don't know if it's the "best" but it hasn't let me down.
gisilbert

<

Postby cearbhallan25 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:53 pm

ESET has been a Leader in Anti-Virus Solutions, now has an Anti-Virus for Mac
http://www.eset.com/us/home/products/antivirus-for-mac/

Your Mac is safe, so why is it important to make it safer? Not only do online dangers threaten your computer, but your Apple device can also become a carrier of Windows viruses and other malware that spreads to your friends and family. ESET Cybersecurity for Mac is designed to be smart and clean, just like your Mac. Powered by our advanced ThreatSense® antivirus scanning engine, ESET Cybersecurity for Mac features proactive protection, an intuitive user interface, complimentary training and solutions that run seamlessly in the background. Not just antivirus – a complete Internet security solution.
Why ESET for my Mac?

The powerful combination of ESET technology, Mac OS X and our complimentary online training keeps you safer against cybercriminals.
cearbhallan25

Postby wait50 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:55 pm

There are many anti-virus and anti-malware software available to help for MAC OS X (10.6). You could use the following: make sure you always use a software firewall. You could use and antivirus software. You could use the Vista UAC box. Make sure you limit the use of adminstrator accounts. Make sure you set the Internet Explorer for optimum security. Hope this helps.
wait50

Postby thearl36 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:03 pm

You have a Mac, therefore "the best" isn't really a big deal, most of the malware in the world is written for PC, so you may never really need anything. Just Yahoo/Google real AV for MAC, and pick one, and you will be good to go.
thearl36

Postby dee67 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:07 pm

hope this helps. macs by there self are pretty safe.

http://www.avast.com/mac-edition
dee67

Return to MacBook